Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Formulas using dates

REE
REE
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Good Morning!

I am looking for a formula that will determine a specific date.

I have a column "A" with a specified date and I need to set an alert or notification to be sent 45 days before that date. Is this possible?

Thank you!

Comments

• Good morning!

From what I understand, you want to send a notification to your team 45 days prior to a specific date, which you can do for multiple dates or just one on your sheet.  

The way I do this is by creating a Report from your Smartsheet. You can set the Smartsheet report to specific parameters from the "What?" in Report Builder (% Complete, Status, etc.) and/or the "When?" by the date ("is in the next 45 day(s)"). If you only want this done on one line for one date, that's specified in "What?" field.

In this instance, I send a report as an attachment (.pdf file) to anyone I specify every Monday. That way, the report is sent when you want without you having to watch the date too closely. I use this all the time on various projects and I find the best results by "playing" with the parameters.

I included a screenshot for my particular situation to give you an idea. I sent the report every Monday based on the Finish in the past or in the next 21 days, or the Start in the next 14 days (a 2-week look ahead).

I hope that helps!

Report example.jpg

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Or create a Date column called [Reminder Date]

In the column have this formula:

=A23 + 45

for row 23.

Key your Reminder (in the Alerts & Actions tab on the bottom of the Sheet) on this column.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.