Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Passing values from a report

Options
jcarroll26216
jcarroll26216 ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I'm trying to create a Sight that shows a high-level overview of a portfolio of projects. If the user clicks in the widget within the Sight I'd like them to go to a more detailed report on the project that they selected but only the project they selected - not all the projects in the sheet. Is this possible? Thinking of looking at using a filter on the report but not certain how to grab the value that was clicked on. 

Comments

• Pam Alakai
    Pam Alakai Employee
    Options

Hello, 

You will want to use the metric widget to display the report values. 

The Metric widget allows you to display content from one or more cells in a sheet. After selecting this widget type, click Add data to choose the sheet and cells that contain the data you'd like to display and then click OK.

NOTE: If you want to display the data in a grid format, you'll need to first create a report and use the Report widget type.

Once you've chosen the data to display, click Edit Interaction (interaction is what happens when you click the widget ) and choose Open the source sheet option. This will allow users to click on the widget and be brought to the detailed report. Please note that you will want to share the report and its source sheets for the user to be able to view the while sheet. 

Kind Regards, 

Pam

• randyholt
    Options

Hello,

I found that if I add a hyperlink to a project/report/sheet in a report, and add that report to a sight, people can follow the link to the underlying project/report/sheet hyperlinked from the report.

Hope it helps

Randy

This discussion has been closed.