Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Sight View by Log In

Shawn O'Banion
Shawn O'Banion ✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I have a Sight that I built for a customer to view and interact. Is there a way to set there view by Log In. I.E. customer logs in and they see the projects and data they are assigned to.

I have been told that this is not supported.  Anyone have any ideas?

Tags:

Comments

• Hello Shawn,

There currently isn't a way to default someone to a specific Sight or other Smartsheet item at time of log in. 

You might consider giving them the direct link to their Sight (right-click the Sight name at the top and select properties) and then have them make that their browser's home page.

When you have a moment, submit an enhancement request to our Product team using the form under Quick links on the right.

• Shawn O'Banion
    Shawn O'Banion ✭✭✭✭

Shaine,

Thanks for the comment.  

They have access to the sight in general.  

What I am trying to do is when they open the sight it only shows projects/metrics by their login. This is so they can focus on their assignments and not have to sift through all other projects. 

• I see.

There currently isn't a way to do this with a Sight per se, but you can possibly aggregate date for them with reports using the current user criteria. You can add a link to these reports from a Sight. (Link to the reports with a Shortcut Widget instead of using the Report Widget, as that won't accurately reflect the "current user.")

More on reporting in the help center: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/522214-creating-reports

• Shawn O'Banion
    Shawn O'Banion ✭✭✭✭

Shaine,

That might be a viable workaround.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.