Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Moving Cards In Kanban Is Not Updating Grid

Nevin O'Regan
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi guys,

I have just started working with the Agile template and I have noticed that if I move a card from say Backlog to Sprint 1 in Kanban view, it does not update the change in grid view.

Is this normal behaviour? 

Comments

• Hi Nevin,

When you move cards between lanes in Card View, you'll see a change in the Sprint dropdown column in Grid View; however, this won't automatically move the work item to a different parent row in the Grid View (such as from the Backlog parent row to the Sprint 1 parent row).

There currently isn't a way to get rows to automatically move between different parent rows in Grid View when you move them between lanes in Card View. You'll need to do this manually in Grid View.

• If we could change that to be automatically tied together here and in general smartsheet land, I would be a fan

This discussion has been closed.