Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Assinged too.....how do i

Heath Sanders
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

How do I remove extra names in the drop list? In the early days I entered the wrong e-mail address, now I have two Heath with different e-mail addresses, I cant remove one of them....

Can someone help please ?

Capture.PNG

Comments

• This is the same situation in another sheet, I've looked at every which way to eliminate this issue....Its like its stamped once its entered ???

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

• Go to your "Account" button in the upper right hand corner. Choose the "My Smartsheet Contacts". Click the one you want to delete and using the little drop-down arrow next to their name, "Delete" contact.  That should take care of it.

• Hi Joy,

It still shows "Lance" in twice. Unfortunately I put same name and address in twice, do I have to delete all contacts as you have suggested and start again ?

• When you go into "Account", "My Smart Sheet Contacts" , the four show up as in the attachment.  They are the users.

When your in the sheet and you click on the drop list (Drop box attachments ) in this case, you get 7 to choose from.

When you choose the drop list and click on the wee man (left side, right side is "+ add new") "All Contacts" , My Business Contacts"  in this case "N* F*** Ltd Users" (Stars to protect privacy) on the top right drop list, you get the following (Attachments) 

ALL.PNG

Company.PNG

Drop Box.PNG

Drop Box2.PNG

My SmartSheet.PNG

• P.s The Heath in yellow with 13/10/17 beside it is the drop list when your in the sheet using it for everyday use 

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've found that if the wrong user's email is anywhere on the sheet in a contact column that it will still display in the drop-down. You might want to do a find and replace of every wrong email in the sheet. We had an instance on several sheets where someone had entered a user's first name only and he had 2 records popping up. One with his full name and one with his first name. Once I replaced the email address (contact) with the correct one on the entire sheet it resolved the issue. 

• You'll see contacts in that auto-resolving dropdown list from a few sources:

1. If they're in your Smartsheet Contacts. (Remove them or change the name enough such that it doesn't auto-resolve.)
    2. If they've been added to your organization's account. (SysAdmins can find the other address under Account > User Management and remove it.)
    3. If they're in the preferred contacts for your sheet. (Right-click the contact column's header and select Edit Column Properties.)
    4. If they've been manually typed in a cell in any contact column on the sheet. (You'll have to manually delete any cell with the other email to fix this.)
  • Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for bringing up the Organization's account issue as well. Good list! :)

This discussion has been closed.