Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Assinged too.....how do i

Options
Heath Sanders
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

How do I remove extra names in the drop list? In the early days I entered the wrong e-mail address, now I have two Heath with different e-mail addresses, I cant remove one of them....

Can someone help please ?

Capture.PNG

Comments

• Heath Sanders
    Options

This is the same situation in another sheet, I've looked at every which way to eliminate this issue....Its like its stamped once its entered ???

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

• Joy Durham
    Options

Go to your "Account" button in the upper right hand corner. Choose the "My Smartsheet Contacts". Click the one you want to delete and using the little drop-down arrow next to their name, "Delete" contact.  That should take care of it.

• Heath Sanders
    Options

Hi Joy,

It still shows "Lance" in twice. Unfortunately I put same name and address in twice, do I have to delete all contacts as you have suggested and start again ?

• Heath Sanders
    Options

When you go into "Account", "My Smart Sheet Contacts" , the four show up as in the attachment.  They are the users.

When your in the sheet and you click on the drop list (Drop box attachments ) in this case, you get 7 to choose from.

When you choose the drop list and click on the wee man (left side, right side is "+ add new") "All Contacts" , My Business Contacts"  in this case "N* F*** Ltd Users" (Stars to protect privacy) on the top right drop list, you get the following (Attachments) 

ALL.PNG

Company.PNG

Drop Box.PNG

Drop Box2.PNG

My SmartSheet.PNG

• Heath Sanders
    Options

P.s The Heath in yellow with 13/10/17 beside it is the drop list when your in the sheet using it for everyday use 

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've found that if the wrong user's email is anywhere on the sheet in a contact column that it will still display in the drop-down. You might want to do a find and replace of every wrong email in the sheet. We had an instance on several sheets where someone had entered a user's first name only and he had 2 records popping up. One with his full name and one with his first name. Once I replaced the email address (contact) with the correct one on the entire sheet it resolved the issue. 

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

You'll see contacts in that auto-resolving dropdown list from a few sources:

1. If they're in your Smartsheet Contacts. (Remove them or change the name enough such that it doesn't auto-resolve.)
    2. If they've been added to your organization's account. (SysAdmins can find the other address under Account > User Management and remove it.)
    3. If they're in the preferred contacts for your sheet. (Right-click the contact column's header and select Edit Column Properties.)
    4. If they've been manually typed in a cell in any contact column on the sheet. (You'll have to manually delete any cell with the other email to fix this.)
  • Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for bringing up the Organization's account issue as well. Good list! :)

This discussion has been closed.