Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Sheet notifications

ricki
ricki ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I have been getting a daily notification by email of sheet changes for a while and that has been working great. 

After one of the smartsheet updates it also started appearing under notifications in the top right corner. That notification is redundant to the emails. Is there any way to turn it off?

Comments

• Ron M
    Ron M ✭✭

Hello,

Have you gone to your Personal Settings/ Notifications tab?  There is a column for Mobile which is most likely what the new Notifications in the web version is tied to.

• ricki
    ricki ✭✭✭✭✭✭

interesting, i just tried that ... i guess we will see what happens tomorrow

thanks

• Hi Ricki,

Thanks for the question. There currently isn't a way to turn off the notifications that appear inside of Smartsheet. In the Notification Settings, you can optionally turn off the email notifications or mobile push notifications (which appear on your phone's lock screen).

For a future release, we a looking into a way to automatically mark notifications as "read" if you opened them in email, so you wouldn't see a badge if you already read it.

Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions or feedback.

Best regards,

Daniel

Product Manager, Smartsheet

• ricki
    ricki ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am still getting the notifications. I understand that it is not a feature currently available and i think linking it to the reading of the email is useful but i would still love it if there was a way to totally turn off the badge when i login.

Ie i have a notification that is purely email and doesnt notify in the notification area of the smartsheet application

This discussion has been closed.