Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Continuous Formatting

dsmith24636
dsmith24636 ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I have a sheet that is used to log data.  New data is added several times a day.  The sheet currently contains data through line 2223, however I can only format the next 20 rows because that's all the more the sheet will allow.  Once I've entered data into line 2243, another 20 rows will be available to format.  Is there any way for the formatting to carry through without beyond 20 rows at a time?

Comments

• Pam Alakai
    Pam Alakai Employee
    edited 11/09/17

Hello, 

You can use the steps below to format the entire column or sheet:

• An entire column: Select the column header and apply the formatting you would like. Doing this will apply column formatting to both existing and newly added cells in the column. 
    • An entire sheet: Highlight all columns in the sheet by clicking the left-most column's header, scrolling to the right, then [Shift]+clicking the right-most column's header. When you release your click, all of the columns and rows in the sheet should be highlighted and you can then click the desired formatting icon.

You can learn more about how to format your sheet here: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/518246-formatting-options

Kind Regards, 

Smartsheet Support 

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

One thing to note is that smartsheet has auto-formatting options. As long as you delete the "extra" rows and save your sheet - anything added to the sheet will carry the same formatting as the last row. Even when smartsheet auto-adds extra rows, those will carry autoformatting when new rows are added. See here for more on Auto-formatting: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/1641473-auto-filling-formulas-and-formatting

This discussion has been closed.