Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Does Smartsheet to JIRA work with existing sheets & tickets?

Options
Chris Mazuran
Chris Mazuran ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I have an existing sheet that I want to use my new Smartsheet to JIRA connector. However, I cannot figure out how to link my exiting JIRA tickets which I have by URL already in smarsheet. Can this be done? 

Tags:

Comments

• Schiff A.
    Schiff A. Employee
    Options

Hi Chris,

It is possible to sync JIRA issues to an existing sheet by selecting that sheet during the workflow setup.

Be aware of the following:

1. A given sheet can only have 1 workflow syncing to it
    2. The connector will not honor existing hierarchy and will not sync JIRA issues to specific rows. Any hierarchy must be created with Row Grouping.

For more information, see https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2476121-jira-workflows

Thanks!

Schiff

Smartsheet Support

• Matthew Neal
    Options

So, just looking for a little more detail on this comment " The connector will not honor existing hierarchy and will not sync JIRA issues to specific rows. Any hierarchy must be created with Row Grouping."I understand the workflow,but can you load a new workflow to an exist sheet. The connector wizard allows the mapping,but the data will not populate in the sheet.I am able to map the connection work for a new column or new sheet. Just not existing ones.  Is there a trick I'm missing? do you have to leave the first couple of rows blank?

This discussion has been closed.