Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Summary Status on Parent Row

hedelgad
hedelgad ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi -

My apologies if the answer is somewhere in the community but I can't seem to find it.  I have a project sheet and in it, I have a (RYG) status column.  I would like a status symbol to appear in the parent rows.  How do I achieve this?  I've attached a small screen capture to illustrate where I would like the status ball to appear.

TIA

Helene

SS Example.PNG

Comments

• Hello, try using the countif(children() formula

=IF(COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), "Red") > 0, "Red", IF(COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), "Yellow") > 0, "Yellow", IF(COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), "Green") > 0, "Green")))

• Hi Chris -

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.  I tried that but got an #unparseable back.  Here is what I wrote:

=IF(COUNTIF(CHILDREN(),"Red")>0,"Red", IF(COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), "Yellow")>0,"Yellow", IF(COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), "Green)>0,"Green")))

I remove some spacing in between the commas to see if that helped but received the same error.

• Hi Chris -

I noticed I had left a quotation mark after Green.  I fixed it and it worked.  Thanks a million!!

Helene

This discussion has been closed.