Lookup with #NO MATCH error

Options
2»

Answers

• Anthony Q
    Options

Hi! I'm using VLookUp to pull data from another smartsheet that is linked to another sheet. I keep getting a #No Match error. Could this happen because the second sheet is linked to another sheet?

Here's the formula that I'm using...

=VLOOKUP([EA-PA: Gigapower Request Number]@row, {Front Door EA_PA Range 4}, 2, false)

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Anthony Q

There are two reasons why you may be getting a NO MATCH error:

• Either the formula cannot find an identical value to what is in your cell [EA-PA: Gigapower Request Number]@row in the other sheet
    • There's a NO MATCH error in even just one cell of the referenced  {Front Door EA_PA Range 4} range

As a side note, I would suggest trying an INDEX(MATCH combination instead. Do you get a No Match error with this structure?

=INDEX({Column with value to bring back}, MATCH([EA-PA: Gigapower Request Number]@row, {Column with Request Number}, 0))

Cheers,

Genevieve

• PeggyLang
    PeggyLang ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is anyone experiencing random 'No Match' in a column formula where 98% of the rows pull data correctly, but a random one or two don't? I can't figure out my issue and to the best of my knowledge this was working previously.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!