Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

MS Project users - What benefits have you found using Smartsheet over MS Project?

Travis
Travis Employee
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I am participating in a Google Hangout tomorrow and one of the topics we will cover are the benefits of using Smartsheet over Microsoft Project. I can come up with plenty of reasons but I wanted to get the Community's opinion and see if there are any real world stories I can share. Thanks everyone! Cool

Comments

• I want to know if this will be open to public viewing Laughing I like it for the colaboration without having to invest in servers and significant infrastructure.  

And some of the after market extensions - particularly the one which links Smartsheets to building project items and charts in PowerPoint.  So much better looking than MS Project.

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Thanks David! Here is the link for the Hangout tomorrow at 8am PDT hosted by schoolofbookkeeping.com: https://plus.google.com/events/ccu12vukuk15i998sgm80vr95ro

• Hi Travis--I'm wondering how your Google Hangout on the topic of SmartSheet benefits (compared to Microsoft Project) went? Did you end up with a list of benefits you'd be willing to share?  My organization has been using SmartSheet for a variety of things for the past 3 years--but we have only dabbled in using it for our projects. I'm looking for reasons to encourage this within my team for project managment--but people often ask what are the pros/cons of using SmartSheet vs. MS Project. (And I don't know and haven't found much on this question.) 
    Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.