Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

add link or iFrame to a workspace

Options
fpena3888
fpena3888
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I am fairly new to smartsheets, but would like to know if there is a way to add a button or hyperlink to a workspace (even if i could put a url link off the custom logo)

I would like this link to go to a sharepoint site.  Ideally it would be the ability to create an iframe.

For example inside a workspace i click on new and have the option to say Sheet, but change the URL to point to a SharePoint site, therefore SharePoint can be embeded withinside of smartsheets.

any feedback, workarounds would be apreciated

Thanks

Federico

Comments

• Zack S
    Zack S Employee
    Options

Hello Federico, 

At this time, there isn't a way to embed SharePoint or integrate SharePoint directly into a sheet, but I'll be sure to add your idea for this functionality to our enhancement request list. 

You can publish a sheet which will provide an iFrame code that can be embeded into another web site if you wish, but there isn't a way to link or embed SharePoint information into Smartsheet. 

We appreciate your input! 

-Zack

• fpena3888
    Options

Hi Zack,

thanks for your reply.  so i guess my followp question to your answer would be, is there a place where i can add a hyperlink at the workspace level?  for example i want the custom logo of a worspace to link to http://google.com?

• Zack S
    Zack S Employee
    Options

Hi Federico, 

There isn't anywhere where you can include a Hyperlink within the Workspace itself. The link would need to be placed in the grid of a sheet, but I can add your vote for this as well. 

I'll also specifically add a vote for the logo to be a link, as that is an interesting idea that I'm not sure I've heard before. 

-Zack

• fpena3888
    fpena3888
    edited 10/21/15
    Options

Well making the logo a hyperlink would be an easy solution to the issue of being able to hyperlink at the workspace level, and really i'm sure not an aweful amount of code necessary for that.

I could see lots of different uses for this 

thanks 

Federico

This discussion has been closed.