Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Multiple start/end dates (sub dates)

Options
Jon Chapman
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Hi there - I am making a media calendar using a basic project template. In one my media channels (eg: radio campaign), I will be on air for a total of 6 months, however only the days Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday of each week. A repeating event or ability for 'sub' start/end dates would be awesome for SmartSheet, so that the Gannt chart displays like a dashed timeline to indicate on/off air

Comments

• PPS Solutions
    PPS Solutions ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Jon, are you essentially only creating a calendar, or do you need extra tasks and therefore the need for the Gantt?

• Jon Chapman
    Options

Hi Peter

Thanks for responding. I'm new to SmartSheet so open to any recommendations. At the moment it's just going to be a Gantt chart calendar, but then I will also be doing some calculations by importing stats from Google into the mix as a row of data that runs underneath the media calendar above. Priority is to get the Gantt chart correct, so if the calculations aren't possible I can live with that.

• PPS Solutions
    PPS Solutions ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Jon, unfoutunatley you cannot depict additional dates showing on the gantt chart eg a Start, a Finish and then another Finish indicating the off-air portion finishing after the on-air activity.  You could try setting the standard working days to Mon, Tue and Wed only.  This will grey out Thu and Fri in the Gantt View and not permit tasks to be scheduled on those days of the week. 

Peter

This discussion has been closed.