Approval buttons

Is there away of adding an extra button on the Approval request? An approver has requested they have Approve, Decline or Request more data?

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Stephen,

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to add more buttons than two.

Great suggestion!

I hope this helps you!

Best,

Andrée Starå - Workflow Consultant @ Get Done

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thanks Andrée,

I'm not sure it is a good suggestion, it was just a question asked by a colleague.

If they need more information then the spreadsheet isn't good enough in my opinion.

Although maybe it could be of some use for someone else's application.

Steve

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help!

After thinking about it a little more, I'm with you, and I also got an idea for a simple solution.

They could write a comment and decline the request.

Would that work?

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• It could  work, although I seem to have some issues about getting the approvals to send out again once they have been sent out once. Is this a common issue or should I be creating a new row and duplicating the information?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Often I set up my client's approval requests with a dropdown list with a process and multiple statuses. 

You could have the following status options in a dropdown list: 

Send (triggers the Approval request and in the approval answer settings, you set that the status should change to sent)

You get an approve or decline answer and the status changes to Approved or Declined. (from the approval request settings) You could also have a state that the approver needs more information.

Next, you have a state for resending the approval (Send again), and the status of the approval request is the same as before. (Sent, Approved, Declined, Need more info, send again)

In the Approval Request rule, you set that it should trigger if the status changes to Send or Send again.

Some of my clients have a checkbox instead to send the first or second approval.

There are multiple ways of setting this up, and this is just one example of how it could be set up.

Would that work for you?

• lnelsen
    lnelsen ✭✭

I agree, and additional conditional approve/denied button/option would be useful!