Automate the Progress Bar

Options
2»

Comments

• crokicki
    crokicki ✭✭
    edited 05/31/23
    Options

Hi @Paul Newcome - I'm also doing something similar, except I'm referencing a different sheet. This is the formula that keeps getting #UNPARSEABLE

=IF(COUNTIFS(CHILDREN({5060 Milestones Done}@cell), 1) < 1, "Empty", IF(COUNTIFS(CHILDREN({5060 Milestones Done}@cell), 1) < 4, "Quarter", IF(COUNTIFS(CHILDREN({5060 Milestones Done}@cell), 1) < 8, "Half", IF(COUNTIFS(CHILDREN({5060 Milestones Done}@cell), 1) < 11, "Three Quarter", IF(COUNTIFS(CHILDREN({5060 Milestones Done}@cell), 1) = 13, "Full")))))

I tried replacing the 1 within the COUNTIFS with true and that unfortunately didn't work either. I've also tried using @row rather than @cell and that didn't work either.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@crokicki your COUNTIFS syntax is off for each of them. You also cannot use hierarchy based functions with cross sheet references. You would need a helper column on the source sheet that brings the parent row data down onto every child row and then include that in the COUNTIFS.

I would also suggest making it more dynamic so that it doesn't matter how many children are there, it will calculate based on the percentage of children that are checked.

COUNTIFS({Helper Column}, @cell = "5060", {Checkbox Column}, @cell = 1) / COUNTIFS({Helper Column}, @cell = "5060")

The above would give you

0 = 0 = "Empty"

0.25 = 25% = "Quarter"

0.50 = 50% = "Half"

0.75 = 75% = "Three Quarter"

1 = 100% = "Full"

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!