Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

color pallett, why is it so resticted

pflynn
pflynn
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Why is the color pallett so restricted

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Hi pflynn, is there a specific color or range you would like to see? Let me know and I can submit your request to our product team! 

• pflynn
    pflynn
    edited 11/03/15

one of the reasons I have signed up to Smart sheet, is that it is advertised as a very smart Excel type software.

So why not just allow me to have what Excel lets me have, basically what ever I want.

I use colours to assist in dividing areas, so that multiples of the same can be easily seen, on a large sheet.

Also, another things I would like to request, is the ability to repeat on the sections from a sheet, at the printing stage, E.G columns, or headings on the sheet.

I know that this is web based, but printing of information is still of great importance.

One of the frustrations with Smart Sheet, is that we use it on a laptop, with a large sheet you are always running out of areas to work, the sheet is always at 100%, I cannot increase or decrease the viewing area, to accomadate seeing more and doing more.

• pflynn
    pflynn
    edited 11/03/15

I admit, that I am only using Smart Sheet as a budgeting and scheduling program, at this stage i do not need web publishing etc.

So I am using the gant charting part, with the normal Spread Sheet idea for budgets.

Apart from what i have made comment on, so far , Smart Sheet, I feel could be very good for my industry.

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 11/03/15

Thanks for replying. A couple of notes:

"ability to repeat on the sections" If you have tasks that are repeating, you can copy and paste the rows or row content to duplicate the tasks. Column data can also be copied and pasted to other columns. 

Try using the keyboard shortcuts CTRL + C to copy and CTRL + V to paste (CMD + C and CMD + V on Macs).

Printing sheets can be achieved clicking the Print button on your toolbar. This will download a PDF to your computer. Next, open the PDF on your computer and print to a printer through your PDF viewing software (Adobe is a popular option).

Zooming: use your browser zoom settings to zoom out and see a larger viewer area. If you are unsure how to zoom out, search Google for "How to zoom out in *browser name* "  (replace *browser name* with your browser). Most browsers can utilize the keyboard shortcuts to zoom: CTRL + and CTRL - (CMD + and CMD - on Macs)

Let me know if you have any questions about any of this! 

• Also, another things I would like to request, is the ability to repeat on the sections from a sheet, at the printing stage, E.G columns, or headings on the sheet. I know that this is web based, but printing of information is still of great importance. - See more at: https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/color-pallett-why-it-so-resticted#sthash.IDL8MEvZ.dpuf

are you suggesting that I repeat the information in the sheet so that I can print it.

a very strange solution

• Travis
    Travis Employee

pflynn, I believe I misunderstood your requests - it sounded like printing and duplicating tasks were two different requests.

Could you explain the functionality you are looking for and the use case for duplicating tasks at the printing stage? 

• Heather Pleasants
    edited 11/05/15

Hey there, I also would love the ability to create whatever colors I want...will this be a possibility in the future? 

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Certainly a possibility, Heather! I'll add your vote for it Smile

• pflynn
    pflynn
    edited 11/05/15

Also, another things I would like to request, is the ability to repeat on the sections from a sheet, at the printing stage, E.G columns, or headings on the sheet. I know that this is web based, but printing of information is still of great importance. - See more at: https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/color-pallett-why-it-so-rest...   are you suggesting that I repeat the information in the sheet so that I can print it.   a very strange solution - See more at: https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/color-pallett-why-it-so-resticted#sthash.z0IJahoj.dpuf

This should be part of the printing setup, again re MS Excel, yes I am aware that Smart sheet is meant to be web based, but printing still is a large part of what people do, it is hard to pin a "web" up on a notice board.

This discussion has been closed.