Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Hello!
Is there a way to track duration by hours in a project plan (sheet)?
I know you can track by days, but what about hours? (
--Attached screenshot.
Hi,
You can input hours in the Duration cell, like 1h, 2h and so on.
Is this what you meant?
Have a fantastic week!
Best,
Andrée Starå
Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting
Yes! Where do I find that setting?
... not sure it is a setting, just type "1h" instead of "1" ...
Here's some more info on how it works.
https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/765737-project-sheet-columns-start-date-end-date-duration-complete-and-predecessors#Duration
Duration
Duration represents the amount of time a task is expected to take. Click on the Duration cell of a sub-task and type in the length of time. You can use a few different formats:
Parent (summary) rows will always reflect duration in partial working days.
Andrée
Typing it in is easy - however - I am guessing that SS does not take any of that into account when adjusting task dates, correct?
Typing in 20h is easy, but how to do that a summary task also counts duration in hours? Even if I put all subtasks in hours, the summary task still sums everything to days and duration summary task cannot be edited..
I also had this issue @Sander K which isn't ideal but I believe there's a workaround to this through using formulas to convert and calculate it into the desired format.
I would love to say I was a Smartsheet formula whizz, but sadly I'm not. @Paul Newcome has created a thread, which contains a number of great solutions for calculating time. You can find this thread here: https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/68947/formulas-for-calculating-time/p1.
It would be really good to know if/when such a solution is going to be released anytime soon? For me, along the lines of a time derived column, or a format/function that recognises and can calculate (and total/sum up) time easily - without the need for such complex and mammoth formulas.
It is something that would massively enhance Smartsheet at my organisation and would generate a larger user base, due to the increased number of use cases and workflows this would allow. I know that my organisation can't be the only other company who have been asking for this. By the look of the community pages, this is something that has been requested for a long time. @Smartsheet Admin Service Account @Smartsheet Administrator
I am receiving an error when sending an email from attachments to a contact in a column on my sheet; I had the issue previously and cannot remember how I fixed it. I've added the contact and email address to my sheet and this works just fine for other contacts I've emailed previously, just not to a new contact I recently…
Good Morning, I have an employee that access a sheet but cannot enter any information into it. When I look at their access it shows they are shared to the page and can edit and share. However, they are not able to edit. Under the manage access there is a information icon that says The permissions for this user are limited…
Hi @Paul Newcome and Team, I am handling a lot of data from Excel sheets. 1000s of rows of content and data…I have the master Smartsheet created but I need advice on: how to copy in new data from new excel sheets to the master Smartsheet. Is there really a 500 cell copy limit? As I was halfway through my copying, the…