Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Mindjet and mind mapping integration

Bill Bryson
Bill Bryson ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I love smartsheet.  I also love the brainstorming and detailed visitation provided by mind mapping.  Any good mind mapping software integrated with Smartsheet?  Is Smartsheet looking to add integration with Mindjet or incorporate any mind mapping within the program itself.

Tags:

Comments

• Alex Vorobiev
    Alex Vorobiev ✭✭✭✭✭

Bill - not as far as we know.  Mind mapping tools are on our radar but no hard target date at this time.  I will make a note of your ask.  Cheers

• Alex, I'd really like to second this concept. Adding support through a mind map view would make this a killer tool. Currently I'm using MindMeister to organize my thoughts, and then do planning within smartsheet. Would be great to cut out a re-entry step.

• I would like to add my support for integrating mind/concept mapping with smart sheet!

• Jason.Valleau
    edited 11/04/15

Plus 1 as well. I use iThoughtsX and it rocks. I know I can attach a PDF but it would be great to somehow integrate them.

• Alex Vorobiev
    Alex Vorobiev ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 11/04/15

Appreciate everyone's feedback and votes.  Could you share specific ideas on how you would like to see a mindmapping tool integrated with Smartsheet?

• Jason.Valleau
    edited 11/04/15

It was mentioned above by Maureen Leisdon to cut out a re-entry step. The mind map app I use is iThoughtX for mac/ios and although it does have a handy export funtion to excel/word it would be magical if this could be implemented in real time. I imagine this functionality being something like the gantt chart view. A user could click on a mind map 'view' icon and perhaps this would open a mind map functionality within Smartsheet. Any changes made to Smartsheet or within the mind map view would update each other automatically.

• Hi Alex--

I use webspirationpro; it's super old school and a little bit clunky, but I find that when I need to visually lay things out before I get to the project charter or hierarchical task stage, it's really helpful. What I end up doing is using the "bubble and line" concept maps as a first draft, which can then also be viewed as an outline. That outline then forms the basis of a project or task smartsheet. It'd be great to take those first steps and do them right in smartsheet itself. 

webspiration.JPG

• Alex Vorobiev
    Alex Vorobiev ✭✭✭✭✭

Super helpful, folks, thanks!

• larryearl
    larryearl
    edited 11/13/15

I also use MindMeister for brainstorming and laying out tasks on projects.  I got really excited when they introduced Meistertask which takes the map tasks and produced a Kanban style, "Trello-like" board, but no gantt.  

I've also used XMind, NovaMind and Mindjet/MindManager (which sucks on a Mac).  

Would love a way to integrate tasks into Smartsheets.  Should be real time bidirectional update of tasks and assignees need to be able to update task progress from their native emails.  A huge problem for me is my consulting clients not wanting to log in to another app to update me on their progress no matter how easy.  If they use Outlook at their company they want to handle all their tasks through Outlook for example.

• Just started using SmartSheet today.  I'm also interested in mind map integration.  Any updates?

• Chris Winfield
    Chris Winfield ✭✭✭✭✭

Another vote to support development of mind-mapping tools or integration with something like Mindmeister.

• Not sure if anyone is still tracking this conversation, but some type of visual mapping integration is key in my view. It would be especially useful at the dashboard level to get a quick and easy visual of a project or hierarchy with the ability to drill-down to the more trasitional row based details...

• Alex Vorobiev
    Alex Vorobiev ✭✭✭✭✭

@Allan - absolutely tracking.  Appreciate your input!  This is definitely top of mind (no pun intended) for us, and we are looking at use cases and integration options.  Thanks for your patience.

This discussion has been closed.