Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

HOW CAN I VIEW ONLY LINES WITH RECENT CHANGES

Eyal Hinkis
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I WOULD LIKE TO 'FILTER' TO VIEW ONLY LINES WITH  RECENT CHANGES .NOW I NEED TO USE YELLOW HIGHLIGHT  TOOL AND SCROLL IN THE LARGE DOCUMENT WHICH TAKES TIME TO DO.IS THERE  A QUICK WAY JUST TO SEE THE LINES THAT CAHNGESD AND THEIR PARENT WITHOUT USING THE REPORTS?

Comments

• Stephanie Taylor
    Stephanie Taylor ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You could try setting a notification to email you with any changes right away.  That way SS will send you an email with the row that was changed right away.

• John Sauber
    John Sauber ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/04/15

One can make a report and use the Report Builder>When?>Modified Date to filter your results to recent changes. There is no finer-granularity than whole days, but if that is needed, then only show what has been modified "today," or "in the last x days," or something like that, and sort it ascending by modified date, and that should do it.

Smartsheet currently cannot show a child's parent using report logic, however, if the change in a child causes a change in the parent row (using any of the CHILDREN() functions, for instance), then those parent rows will show up in your report of recently modified rows. It might be sort-able to keep the parents and children together in the report, but that is something for you to figure out, as it depends on your sheet.

• Another option is to add a Modified (Date) column to your sheet which shows a timestamp of when the row was last modified. You can then set a filter based on that column to only show only rows that were modified in your given timeframe. 

This discussion has been closed.