Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Challenge with Attachments

Options
Jim Bach
Jim Bach
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I have been successfully attaching documents for many month now.  As late as last night I successfully attached some spreadsheets.  Now today when I go to attached the green status circle spins but then disappears and the document does not attach.

Has anyone experianced this?

Tags:

Comments

• Tony Davidson - SmartSheet Certified User 2016
    edited 08/11/16
    Options

Hi Jim..I just tested this with one of my sheets and it worked just fine to upload and delete the document.  I would suggest following these guidelines below:

I can’t upload attachments

• Uploading attachments requires Editor sharing permission or higher on a sheet. Review your permission level by clicking the Sharing tab at the bottom of the sheet.
    • Smartsheet will use HTML5 to upload attachments which is only available in modern browsers (up to date Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer versions 10+). Try disabling the setting by clicking Account → Personal Settings → Settings  → Un-check the box to Enable Multi-File Upload, and Save the change.
    • If this resolves the issue, you'll need to update your browser to a newer version or use a different browser in order to re-enable multi-file upload. 
    • Try the upload from another browser (we recommend Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) to see if this helps, and contact support@smartsheet.com or your IT department for assistance in resolving the issue in the current browser.
  • Kennedy Stomps
    Options

Hi Jim-- Please reach out to our Support team at Support@Smartsheet.com for further troubleshooting on this! We haven't received any other reports of issues with attachments, so it'll be best to troubleshoot one-on-one with our team :)

This discussion has been closed.