Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Linking cells based on matching criteria

Options
vjs7212
vjs7212
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I have two sheets, both sheets have a row of column IDs, I would like to dynamically match the column ID from one sheet to the other sheet and then update a row. Similar to the new Lookup fucntion that was recently released but across two sheets.  Has anyone developed a solution for this.  My only option is to manually link the cells for over 3000 rows.  I have also looked at one of the apps that integrate with Smartsheet to try and create a report but no luck so far.  

Comments

• Kennedy Stomps
    Options

Hi-- We don't currently offer the ability to do dynamic linking between sheets based on cell value but I've added your vote for this to our enhancement request list. It might be possible to craft a workaround using a third-party service called Azuqua. If you think this might be of interest to you, let me know and I'll put you in touch with someone from Azuqua!

This discussion has been closed.