Conditional Formatting

Amanda Ollerenshaw
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello

I have a Due Date column and Completion Date column, how do I set up a formula to show when the completion date is past the due date and highlights it?

Thanks

Comments

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/29/19

Hi

In order to do this I believe you need a "helper" column.  This is a column set up on the sheet to provide some logic which will drive your conditional format.  The helper column doesn't need to be visible.

I would set up a checkbox column called something like Is Overdue?  with the following formula =IF([Completion Date]@row > [Date Due]@row, 1, 0)

Then in the conditional formatting screen you would use the Is Overdue column to define the formatting for the Completion Date column.  See screen shot below.

Hope this helps ;)

Debbie

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Amanda,

You'll need to use a so-called helper column with a formula that checks the dates and then use that for the conditional formatting rule.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Amanda Ollerenshaw

How did it go? Did you get it working?

Did this post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.