Actual Start/Finish Dates vs Baseline Start/Finish Dates

Turn Flag on in a Flag Column only if Actual Start/Finish are different than from the Baseline Start/Finish.

Here is the formula I'm trying but it doesn't seem to work. Help!

=IF(AND(NOT([Actual Start]@row=[Baseline Start]@row), NOT([Actual Finish]@row=[Baseline Finish]@row))), 1, 0)

Best Answer

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Danny,

Try something like this.

=IF(NOT(AND([Actual Start]@row = [Baseline Start]@row; [Actual Finish]@row = [Baseline Finish]@row)); 1; 0)

The same version but with the below changes for your and others convenience.

=IF(NOT(AND([Actual Start]@row = [Baseline Start]@row, [Actual Finish]@row = [Baseline Finish]@row)), 1, 0)

Depending on your country you’ll need to exchange the comma to a period and the semi-colon to a comma.

Did it work?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thanks Andree for formula fix! Totally worked.

Got another question for you! What would the formula look like if I had another column for milestones and if it was checked (or filled with a star) to then look at the actual start/finish vs the baseline start/finish dates to fill out that flag in MS Date Change?

Currently using this formula (US): =IF(NOT(AND([Actual Start]@row = [Baseline Start]@row, [Actual Finish]@row = [Baseline Finish]@row)), 1, 0)

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Danny Tran Happy to help!

Not sure I follow! Can you explain in more detail?

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• If

"Milestone" column is flagged with star.

and

"Actual Start Date" is not equal to "Baseline Start Date".

and

"Actual End Date" is not equal to "Baseline End Date".

Then

Turn on flag in "MS Date Change" column.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I just wanted to point out that your original formula is the right IDEA, you just have one extra parenthesis tucked in the middle.

You have

=IF(AND(NOT(..........), NOT(..........))), ..........)

The section with the 3 closing parenthesis is the issue. You close the second NOT. Then you close the AND. Then you closed the IF. If you remove one of those parenthesis so that the IF function can continue, your original formula (with the minor tweak) would also work.

=IF(AND(NOT(..........), NOT(..........)), ..........)

• Danny Tran
    edited 12/21/19

Hi Andree,

I think I didn't give you correct info.

If

"Milestone" column is flagged with star.

and

"Actual Start Date" is not equal to "Baseline Start Date". Or "Actual End Date" is not equal to "Baseline End Date".

Then

Turn on flag in "MS Date Change" column.

So I would like the formula check if the milestone column has a star in it...and if so then, check to see if the start and finish dates are not equal (if anyone of those 2 start and finish dates are different) then flag the column

=IF(AND(Milestone@row = 1, OR([Actual Start]@row <> [Baseline Start]@row, [Actual Finish]@row <> [Baseline Finish]@row)), 1, 0) - I came up with this but am not getting the flag to turn off with the actual start/finish = baseline start/finish dates

• Nevermind- I got it to work! Thanks all!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!