Convert numbers to words

Hello,

In an effort to automate our contracting process I am trying to convert numbers to words (preferably dollars and cents) for example $12,345.67 = Twelve Thousand Three Hundred Forty-Five Dollars and Sixty-Seven Cents.

Using Google Doc/Smartsheet Merge I have completed most of the project with ease, however i am stuck in solving the final piece - ultimately i do want the text to be returned to my smartsheet.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

There are many online tools to do the work - one example is below: https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/conversions/numberstowords.php?number=12345.67&format=currency&letter_case=Title+Case&action=solve

Thanks,

Jay

Best Answer

• JayPedde
    JayPedde ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Solved...

I was able to make it work in a roundabout fashion using Zapier, Google Docs and two smartsheets.

1. Add an Auto Row number column to your Smartsheet
    2. Intakes information/requets from a Smartsheet Form
    3. Zap #1 - Zapier moves the number I want to convert to words and the ROW ID number to a Google Sheet
    4. Using Google Sheet "Importdata" Function I reach out to the website that converts numbers to written dollars & cents
    5. Zap #2 - Creates a new row and imports the ROW ID number and the written number back to a separate "Refernece" Smartsheet
    6. Vlookup from the original smartsheet to the "reference" smartsheet and voila

Google Sheet:

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!