Row removed as Workflow trigger

Kirstine
Kirstine ✭✭✭✭✭✭

At the moment you have the option for a Workflow to be triggered "When rows are added". I'd really like the option to trigger when rows are removed. Is this on the horizon or is there a workaround?

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Kirstine
    Kirstine ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks L@123, that makes sense. I think I'm going to try and figure out a different way of achieving what I need to do!!

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you describe your objective a little more I might be able to give you some insight

• Kirstine
    Kirstine ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I have a sheet that tracks all our jobs (construction work). I have a helper column that, depending on the status of the job, returns a value of 1 if it's become 'active'. I then have a workflow that sends me the total at the end of the month, and I record that value in a separate sheet. I can then deduct the figures from last month to produce a chart in our dashboard showing how many jobs came to fruition during the month. =IF(OR(Status@row = "Booked In", Status@row = "Completed", Status@row = "Emergency", Status@row = "Monitoring - SMS Ltd.", Status@row = "On Hold", Status@row = "Pending Start Date", Status@row = "Snagging", Status@row = "Work In Progress"), 1, 0)

The only problem arises when jobs are archived and therefore removed from the original sheet. The archived rows can go into a number of different archive sheets, so it's not as simple as having a count of new rows on a single sheet.

I'm not sure if that was coherent, ha ha!

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

How many other sheets are there? You can reference ranges in other sheets and return them to a single sheet fairly simply.

• Kirstine
    Kirstine ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I do that already with a lot of other sheets, but I only need to know if a row has disappeared.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!