Dashboard Viewer Filter

Welcome to the New Smartsheet Online Community

You’ll notice that things have changed a bit. If you need help getting oriented, please take a look at the posts here in the Welcome to the Community category.

Dashboard Viewer Filter

I attended Engage last year and a new advanced option was announced called "Dashboard Viewer."

I can not find this on any of my dashboards. Is there anyway I can filter the data on by dashboard by different users viewing it?

Thank you :)

Best Answer

Answers

• This only works on reports? Thank you so much!!

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

More info:

• By default, the widget’s data is scoped to the Widget editor. That means the Report widget will display the widget editor’s report results. If you would like the Report widget to show data the Dashboard viewer has access to and their results, especially if the Current user criteria is applied to the underlying report, change the widget’s data is scoped by to Dashboard Viewer.  For more information on using Current user in reports, check out the article on Viewing Your Assigned Tasks.
    • If you publish a dashboard and the widget is set to run as the Dashboard viewer, the widget will be blank with the message "This widget has an advanced option applied and cannot be displayed in a published dashboard."
    • If you're using the Current user criterion in your report, the Report widget will always display tasks assigned to the person that added it to the dashboard. For more information on using Current user in reports, check out the article on Viewing Your Assigned Tasks.

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joselyn Davila

Remember! Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD