RYG Formula

I am trying to make RYG circles correspond to a formula. My current formula, which has anything overdue marked red, anything due today marked yellow and anything not today is green works and is as such: =IF(Finish1 < TODAY(), "Red", IF(Finish1 = TODAY(), "Yellow", IF(Finish1 > TODAY(), "Green")))

I am trying to make it have anything today or overdue be Red, anything due in the upcoming 3 days be yellow and anything due further out than 3 days be green. This is what I have and it isn't working. I'd also like anything 100% complete or marked complete to have a blue checkmark. 

=IF(Finish1 <= TODAY(), "Red", IF(Finish1 > TODAY(), "Yellow", IF(Finish1 > 3d(), "Green")))

Answers

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

That was a good try! Try this one... But replace my Insert ... column names in the first OR statement with the actual columns you are checking against. 1 = 100% in Smartsheet formula speak..

=IF(OR([Insert Status Column Name]@row = "Complete", [Insert % Complete Column name]@row = 1), "Blue", IF(Finish@row <= TODAY(), "Red", IF(Finish@row > TODAY(3), "Green", IF(Finish@row >=Today(), "Yellow"))))

Let me know if it works for you.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!