Remember not to share any private contact information. All member shared opportunities should link to the original job listing.

Skill test

Nancy Skoulphong
Nancy Skoulphong ✭✭✭✭
edited 01/25/24 in Community Job Board

Hello, I am considering requiring interviewees perform a skill test in Smartsheet as part of the recruitment process. Has another done this? If so, do you mind sharing what you have? Thank you.

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

How would you want to use it? What kind of questions and answers would you want to use? (Text, Yes/No or alternatives)

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hello,

I was wondering if there was ever a solution for this? I was hoping to have something similar for our recruitment process.

Thank you!

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Some basics right off the bat that an experienced Smartsheet system admin should know:

1) Set up an INDEX/MATCH and make it a column formula.

2) Describe the differences between similar commonly used functions, such as CONTAINS and HAS, and what reference they might direct an aspiring power user to get help with formulas and functions.

3) Set up a form with conditional logic and field validation.

4) Create a workflow automation and describe the differences between triggers.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• joey.w.razzano
    joey.w.razzano ✭✭✭✭

In addition to what Jeff Reisman lists (all good suggestions), you should include something around the primary key and/or column properties because that's a basic that, if you get it wrong, it's pretty critical.

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would add to these great ideas, something around problem solving (error messages, unexpected results) and also how they would go about doing something they’ve not done before (where do they start, what is their thought process, where do they go for help, etc). Being able to get started and knowing where to look to fill knowledge gaps can be as, if not more, valuable than knowing the thing. Knowing how to fix something shows they understand what they are doing.

You could also pick a couple of questions from this community and ask them to solve them. That could also be a good exercise in understanding incomplete instructions.