Control-D not working on one column

I've used Control-D to copy formulas down on all columns needed but on one column it is not working. Any ideas on what's causing this and how to fix or get around this issue? I've manually copied the formula down but there are many rows added each day and to keep up with this copying down is very tedious.

Thank you,

Heather

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Heather,

What column type is it and what’s the formula?

Can you maybe share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• hmcnamara95571
    hmcnamara95571 ✭✭✭✭

I've been looking a little harder and there is more than one column not working with the Control-D function. They are all text columns with IF formulas in them. Again though, other text columns with IF formulas are working with the Control-D function. An example formula from one of the columns is:

=IF(OR([Request Topic]456 = {Topic 1}, [Request Topic]456 = {Topic 2}, [Request Topic]456 = {Topic 3}, [Request Topic]456 = {Topic 4}), "Contracting", IF(OR([Request Topic]456 = {Topic 5}, [Request Topic]456 = {Topic 6}, [Request Topic]456 = {Topic 7}, [Request Topic]456 = {Topic 8}, [Request Topic]456 = {Topic 9}, [Request Topic]456 = {Topic 10}), "Facility Enrollment", IF([Request Topic]456 = {Topic 11}, "Other", IF(OR([Request Topic]456 = {Topic 12}, [Request Topic]456 = {Topic 13}, [Request Topic]456 = {Topic 14}, [Request Topic]456 = {Topic 15}, [Request Topic]456 = {Topic 16}, [Request Topic]456 = {Topic 17}, [Request Topic]456 = {Topic 18}, [Request Topic]456 = {Topic 19}, [Request Topic]456 = {Topic 20}, [Request Topic]456 = {Topic 21}), "Provider Enrollment Requests"))))

Thanks for any help!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ok.

Do you get an error message?

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• hmcnamara95571
    hmcnamara95571 ✭✭✭✭

No...no error message. When I double check to make sure the formula has carried down, it hasn't but no message anywhere.

Thank you!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

ok.

I'd be happy to take a look!

Can you maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s)? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!