Summary Sheet Formula with multiple criteria including choices from a multi-select dropdown

Welcome to the New Smartsheet Online Community

You’ll notice that things have changed a bit. If you need help getting oriented, please take a look at the posts here in the Welcome to the Community category.

Summary Sheet Formula with multiple criteria including choices from a multi-select dropdown

Hello - receiving an"unparseable" error for the following sheet summary formula which does a summary looking at 3 different columns - Sub-LOB, ELEMENT and Status. The Sub-LOB and ELEMENT Columns are multi select dropdown columns. And for the Sub-LOB, I want to count if any of the 3 choices are applicable - MCS CR, MCS FR, MCS O&I

=COUNTIFS([Sub-LOB]:[Sub-LOB], CONTAINS("MCS CR", "MCS FR", "MCS O&I", @cell) ELEMENT:ELEMENT, CONTAINS("battlecard", @cell), Status:Status, "complete")

Thank you smartsheet community!

Answers

• Hi @jcismesia76271

You're receiving the error because of the multiple criteria within your first CONTAINS function. To adjust your formula I added an OR function, then within that OR I stated each Sub-LOB criteria within its own CONTAINS function.

Try this:

=COUNTIFS([Sub-LOB]:[Sub-LOB], OR(CONTAINS("MCS CR", @cell), CONTAINS("MCS FR", @cell), CONTAINS("MCS O&I", @cell)), ELEMENT:ELEMENT, CONTAINS("battlecard", @cell), Status:Status, "complete")

Here are some Help Articles I used: OR Function / CONTAINS

Let me know if this works for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve