Nested IF giving me an Unparseable error

Options
2»

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Try redoing your quotes around the last "Medium". You will notice that all other quotes in your formula and the quotes in this comment are straight up and down whereas the quotes around your last "Medium" are angled to show open and close. These are called "smart quotes" and will cause an #UNPARSEABLE error.

I also notice that you have duplicated your criteria and given two different outputs. You may want to revisit that section as well. It will not cause an error, but it could cause unexpected results.

..................... IF(AND([PI Risk]@row = "", [PQA Storage Risk]@row = ""), "Low", IF(AND([PI Risk]@row = "", [PQA Storage Risk]@row = ""), "",..........................................

• Thank you everyone but I won't need assistance with this anymore! We moved out of Smartsheet last week to Google Sheets. Smartsheet deactivated our form used to populate the sheet (got too big for Smartsheet to handle). We didn't even get a warning from Smartsheet this was happening and it caused a huge disruption to our business (healthcare) as it was used for emergency response plans for COVID-19. You really should get some advance notice if your form is deactivated.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!