Getting Source as "sheet" for every sheet.

I have created sheet from template. While calling sheetList api I have included source for getting source of that sheet. But for every sheet I am getting "Sheet" as source. If I created sheet from template or report, it should return source as Template or Report.

Could you please let me know How to get source of every sheet?

Best Answer

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @mukund waghmode

You're right - if the sheet was created from a Template the source for that sheet ID should say "Template". Could you maybe provide screen captures of exactly how you are creating these sheets? If you used a template from our Solution Center can you specify which one was the source?

Saving a new copy from a sheet would have the source as a "Sheet"... even if this original sheet was downloaded from our Solution Center, some of these may actually be sheets and not a "Template" type of sheet.

• Hello,

I have created sheet by selecting from IT templates. Inside that clicked on 'IT Office Relocation Plan' and just edited that template and saved. After calling api I got response as below.

{

"source": {

"id": 3145375327512452,

"type": "sheet"

},

"id": 3554152732223364,

"name": "IT Office Relocation Plan",

"version": 1,

"accessLevel": "OWNER",

"permalink": "https://app.smartsheet.com/sheets/9cx34HQCC3vP96FpCQv6ffGG6R86F9Vc58QjmhJ1",

"createdAt": "2020-03-14T14:59:26Z",

"modifiedAt": "2020-03-14T15:00:22Z"

}

Please let me know is this right way Or am I messed anything?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @mukund waghmode

I took a look at the "IT Office Relocation Plan" from our Solution Center and I can confirm that this is technically a sheet. Although it says Template within the Solution Center, once this is downloaded into your account it is just a regular sheet (with pre-filled information & set-up).

To test the request with a sheet made from a template, you can create your own template by using File > Save as Template. This creates a new type of file, a template file, that cannot be edited or adjusted.

From this new template file, create a sheet. Then try your same API request and look at what the source says.

Let me know if you have questions about this!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• As per your suggestion,

Created new template, saved it as template. got message as "template saved".

After created new sheet from that template and called api. Still getting source as "Sheet".

{

"source": {

"id": 4503604829677444,

"type": "sheet"

},

"id": 1601574700115844,

"name": "from template1",

"version": 1,

"accessLevel": "OWNER",

"permalink": "https://app.smartsheet.com/sheets/F5rXh5j9MgJRwch5c2JFw4jcR8449cgCqPcRf2R1",

"createdAt": "2020-03-17T07:28:02Z",

"modifiedAt": "2020-03-17T07:28:02Z"

}

• Thanks @Tim Wells , these steps works for me.