Automation Flow : "when a date is reached" -> not working!

I have tried to modify this automation flow numerous time.

The goal is to send every week (ideally; Friday, in the morning) a message to all shared users on a sheet to enter the # of hours spent on a specific topic. I have tried to adjust this workflow multiple times; each time that I wasnt getting notified by email (nb. I am one of the shared user on the sheet), I was re-adjusting a next test an hour later.

I have tried this +10 times, with always small incremental changes in the configuration (ex. Advanced Options / Column Visibility). I still want to stick to "when a date is reached" parameter. Any advice ?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

First, make sure that you have allowed yourself to receive notifications properly in your Personal Settings (circle/profile in the upper right corner) and secondly check the Permission.setting for the Automations. (cog in the upper right corner in the Automation overview) 

Did that work?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thanks for the reminder on the Automation overview. It has however not solved the issue... (I also looked into the personal settings with nothing to be changed there, sadly :(

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Do you get the alerts in your notification center within Smartsheet (the bell icon in the top right)? If so, it could be related to your email's junk filter.

If not, could you provide a screen capture of your sheet in grid view (blocking out any sensitive data)?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Readiness Project

Happy to help!

Have you checked the junk filter as suggested by Genevieve?

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• @Genevieve P : Yes. I did checked - not luck there (junk folder). I also looked at the notifications and there is no indication that the flow got activated as per the request. Find above the grid view.

A piece of additional info, here is the text embedded in the text field for the automation flow :

"Good day to all,

this form is created to capture the time spent by key resources in regards of XXXXXXXXXXXX. We would appreciate if you could take 2 minutes to fill up this form regularly to record how many hours have been put in each XXXXX related activities. This is the link to the form : 

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/([copying here the link to the form])

Many thanks in advance!"

Is this possible that, if I refer to an hyperlink in the body text, it doesnt get sent ?

Find here another picture of the automation flow :

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Readiness Project

Very strange! I can't see anything that would prevent the workflow from running just by looking at what you've provided.

At this point I would suggest contacting Support (see here), and passing along the link to this Community post so they can see the screen captures you've posted. (You'll also want to tell Support the Sheet name.) Hyperlinks in the body of the text sent out should not prevent a workflow from running, but Support will be able to confirm this.

You may also want to try creating a copy of the workflow to see if this copy runs as expected, and even create a copy of the sheet (by "saving as new") to see if this other sheet will run properly.