Help with cross sheet references.

Good morning,

I am looking to pull the data in a cell if two other criteria are met in other cells in the same row. for example, I have a sheet called Daily reporting that is receiving form submissions. I want to pull the text in [Quality-Details] if [Column17] is equal to today AND [Value Stream Leader] is equal to Sergio C. into a new sheet. I have tried Index/match and collect but cannot seem to get anything to work. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Best Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Dave Moe

Hi Dave,

To get the result on separate lines you can use the CHAR function.

CHAR(10) for line breaks

More info:

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• Dave Moe
    Dave Moe
    edited 03/30/20

Thank you so much Genevieve, I came across the Join/Collect on Friday and was able to make it work. The one aspects I am missing is that I am trying to combine multiline information from cells, is there a way to make where they are joined on separate lines instead of using a delimiter like "-"?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Dave Moe

Hi Dave,

To get the result on separate lines you can use the CHAR function.

CHAR(10) for line breaks

More info:

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!