If Status = "DNR Request - Approved" or "MRS Request Approved" Then formula question...

In an effort to track the amount of time from submission to completion I'd like to have a formula help populate the [Actual Completion Date] by using the following logical expression...however I'm not getting this to work.

If Status = "DNR Request - Approved" or "MRS Request Approved" then [Actual Completion Date] = [Modified Date]

If someone could help me format this formula, I would greatly appreciate it.

Answers

• Jed Rusyniak
    Jed Rusyniak ✭✭✭✭

I thought this might work...but it does not.

=IF(Resolution@row = "DNR Request - Approved", "=[modified]@row", "test")

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/31/20

Hi Jed,

Try something like this. (we can add the OR part after you've approved the below structure)

=IF(Resolution@row = "DNR Request - Approved"; Modified@row)

The same version but with the below changes for your and others convenience.

=IF(Resolution@row = "DNR Request - Approved", Modified@row)

Depending on your country you’ll need to exchange the comma to a period and the semi-colon to a comma.

Did that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!