How to alert someone when sheet level approval share.

I am working in workflow design. need condition that send alter notification only if person approved all sheet rows data..

any sheet level approval option are available in smartsheet ?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Yashwant,

Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment to have a sheet level approval, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment

There might be a possible workaround. (Proofing feature, Third-party or a specific Approval trigger)

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• plz check data columns, once all rows at manager end approved then mail trigger to Final column(Email). IF any declined or not approved at manager end than mail can't trigger to final column..

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Yashwant Singh

Try something like this. My example is for the whole sheet.

=IF(COUNTIF([S.No]:[S.No]; ISNUMBER(@cell)) = COUNTIF(Manager:Manager; "Approved"); 1)

The same version but with the below changes for convenience.

=IF(COUNTIF([S.No]:[S.No], ISNUMBER(@cell)) = COUNTIF(Manager:Manager, "Approved"), 1)

Depending on your country/region, you'll need to exchange the comma to a period and the semi-colon to a comma.

Would that work?

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!