BRAND NEW BABY USER :) - How do i connect a dashboard template to my smartsheet?

I imported an old excel template into Smartsheet and I have it setup with the team working well. I now want to be able to use some of the dashboards to report out and visualize their hard work. My Smartsheet consists really just tasks and small projects with priorities.

The template I found is entitled Task List by priority. I cannot figure out how to connect the Dashboard to the Smartsheet. I know this is a simple thing but just cannot figure it out.

Help a novice please.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/06/20

Hi Jeff,

Welcome to the Community and the wonderful world of Smartsheet!

Is there a Dashboard included with the Task List by Priorities sheet?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• One is the Smartsheet where I created the tasks and imported from excel. The other file is the dashboard template I found that I would like to use to report to management. How do I connect the dashboard to the tasks in my Smartsheet?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/07/20

Ok.

It depends! There are multiple way you can connect/show the information in a Dashboard.

It sounds to me like reports would be a great start. Create reports showing what you need and then us the report widget to show them in the Dashboard.

Make sense? Would that work?

Here's an excellent starting point.

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.