I am trying to create a dashboard that will show me the totals of multiple pages

Hi all,

I am trying to create a dashboard that will show me the totals of multiple pages.

I want to be able to add rows to the bottom of the sheets and they get counted in the total.

Best Answers

• Lockie Stewart-Baker
    Answer ✓

So i have created a row that has the formula =sum() and it adds up. The problem i now have is when i want to add a row above this it doesn't auto fill the formulas.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Ah. Ok. You actually have a few different options. I personally like to use "helper" columns and then hide those columns to help keep the sheet looking clean.

Another option... You can enter a formula into a cell that is within a range being referenced, but you can only do this once in a column without creating a #CIRCULAR REFERENCE error.

This means that your range can be [Column Name]:[Column Name] and not specify row numbers.

A third option would be to use the top row of the sheet as a sort of summary row and indent all rows beneath. This allows you to leverage the CHILDREN function to include new rows so long as they are indented below the "Parent" row.

=SUM(CHILDREN())

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!