Help with a Monster Formula

Hi everyone! Hope you are all well and somewhat sane :)

I need help with this formula and I'll explain the meaning:

=COUNTIFS([Issuance Date]:[Issuance Date], <=MonthHelper$1, [Cardmember Status]:[Cardmember Status], "ACTIVE ACCOUNT", [Months Used]:[Months Used], >=3, [Months Used]:[Months Used], <=6, Tenure:Tenure, 12) + COUNTIFS([Issuance Date]:[Issuance Date], <=MonthHelper$1, [Cancel Date]:[Cancel Date], >=MonthHelper$1, [Cardmember Status]:[Cardmember Status], <>"ACTIVE ACCOUNT", [Months Used]:[Months Used], >=3, [Months Used]:[Months Used], <=6, Tenure:Tenure, 12)

The end result is how many times an Active Cardholder that has had their card for at least 12 months has used their card for the month of January. In this case, it is for our Medium Users column (3-6 times). The Issuance Date is the date when their card was issued (date formated). The MonthHelper$1 is 1/31/20 (date formated). Months used column is literally how many months they've used the card. Cancel Date is when this card was/will be cancelled.

I translated this from an excel formula. It pulls the correct numbers, but when I change the MonthHelper to 2/29/20 the numbers stay the same. It keeps the January data. I even tried it for March when there is no March data. It pulled January's numbers.

I've worked on this every day this week and cannot figure out what is the reason. It works perfectly in excel but not Smartsheet.

Darla Brown

What you meditate on, you empower!

Overachiever - Core Product Certified - Mobilizer - EAP

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!