Compare two Smartsheets to see if a customer is missing

I have two Smartsheets. The "main" Smartsheet that is copied/pasted to update customer list and information weekly and then another Smartsheet that uses VLOOKUP on the customer ID to pull in necessary data for that sheet, where additional information is being added. Doing this, it is easy to see if a customer is no longer listed, but is there a way to show that a new customer has been added to the main copied/pasted Smartsheet and not showing on the working Smartsheet?

Answers

• Ryan Kramer
    Ryan Kramer ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jennifer C,

I think so. Just so I understand, you want to be able to find whether a new customer is added to a reference sheet but not in the working grid?

My first thought is to segment some of this out which will make overall easier to maintain. Based on what is sounds like your process is, you could have a customer table that is appended to on the addition of a record in this reference sheet. Then inside of your customer grid you would be able to specify a counter on the count of a specific customer occurring. If it is less than 2 (a new customer) then you could specify a workflow to notify you or your downstream processes to be updated. And if 2 or greater than nothing since this would be a non-new customer.

Happy to talk further if not quite there yet.

Ryan

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Jennifer C

Hi Jennifer,

Yes, there is. The best method depends on your specific structure.

Is the order of the customer list the same in both sheets?

Can you maybe share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!