Multiply Part of an Equation

Options

Hi there,

I have this formula (below) which works but I would like to multiply only the reoccurring hours of work to complete by 3 (second half of the formula). When I try to do it I get invalid operation. Any help would be greatly appreciated :).

=SUMIF([Due in 3 Months]:[Due in 3 Months], 1, [Hours of Work To Complete]:[Hours of Work To Complete]) + SUMIF([Reoccurring]:[Reoccurring] 1, [Hours of Work To Complete]:[Hours of Work To Complete])

Thanks!!

Mahshad

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

To start, you are missing a comma in the second SUMIFS

=SUMIF([Due in 3 Months]:[Due in 3 Months], 1, [Hours of Work To Complete]:[Hours of Work To Complete]) + SUMIF([Reoccurring]:[Reoccurring], 1, [Hours of Work To Complete]:[Hours of Work To Complete])

Now that that is taken care of, you should be able to use something along the lines of...

=SUMIF([Due in 3 Months]:[Due in 3 Months], 1, [Hours of Work To Complete]:[Hours of Work To Complete]) + SUMIF([Reoccurring]:[Reoccurring], 1, [Hours of Work To Complete]:[Hours of Work To Complete]) * 3

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

To start, you are missing a comma in the second SUMIFS

=SUMIF([Due in 3 Months]:[Due in 3 Months], 1, [Hours of Work To Complete]:[Hours of Work To Complete]) + SUMIF([Reoccurring]:[Reoccurring], 1, [Hours of Work To Complete]:[Hours of Work To Complete])

Now that that is taken care of, you should be able to use something along the lines of...

=SUMIF([Due in 3 Months]:[Due in 3 Months], 1, [Hours of Work To Complete]:[Hours of Work To Complete]) + SUMIF([Reoccurring]:[Reoccurring], 1, [Hours of Work To Complete]:[Hours of Work To Complete]) * 3

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!