#Invalid Data Type

Options

I have a successful formula in a sheet summary that is as follows

=AVG(COLLECT([Prototype Lead Time (PO DATE and Ship Date)]:[Prototype Lead Time (PO DATE and Ship Date)], [Target Ship Date]:[Target Ship Date], IFERROR(YEAR(@cell), 0) = 2020, [Target Ship Date]:[Target Ship Date], IFERROR(MONTH(@cell), 0) = 1, [New/ Add'l/ Revised]:[New/ Add'l/ Revised], "New"))

When I try and change the column it is looking at at get #Invallid Data Type Error.

=AVG(COLLECT([Prototype Lead Time (Approval to Ship Date)]:[Prototype Lead Time (Approval to Ship Date)], [Target Ship Date]:[Target Ship Date], IFERROR(YEAR(@cell), 0) = 2020, [Target Ship Date]:[Target Ship Date], IFERROR(MONTH(@cell), 0) = 1, [New/ Add'l/ Revised]:[New/ Add'l/ Revised], "New"))

I have checked both formulas and spelling and references and I am not sure what the issue is

Please help

Best Answer

Answers

• Bill Iuliano
    Options

Genevieve

Good afternoon. the formula is in a field of a Sheet Summary. The field in the sheet summary is a Text/ number.

The column it is looking at in the sheet is a Text/ number....

Looking down I see that there was a cell waaaaaaaaaaay at the bottom that had a " ) " in it....thank you for the help. I did not see that earlier as I did not scroll down far enough....

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi Bill,

Good find - I definitely would have missed something that small on my own sheet. 🙂

I'm glad you sorted it out!

• PeggyLang
    PeggyLang ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/24/24
    Options

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!