Update TODAY function

This discussion was created from comments split from: Smartsheet Function - TODAY().

Comments

• schillin
    schillin ✭✭✭

Can anyone help with the actual zapier workflow since that appears to be the only option for updating the today formula? I have tried countless workflows, automations, etc to make this work.

For those of you where a one hour delay of your data would be fine, you can do the following: Set up a report to pull the information you need. For example, our situation was a metric on a dashboard showing how many tasks were due today. So, I added a column with the number 1 next to every task on the calendar list. Then, set up a report to run tasks that were due today. Since metrics can't be linked to reports (major flaw in my opinion), then I created a pivot to run off that report. Next, I set up a sheet for a sumif the pivot said grand total, which provides an updated metric of how many to dos we have for the day without me ever touching it. Since we already have a set task list and we wouldn't really update it throughout the day, the metric doesn't need to change throughout the day, so this interaction is fine.

However, I am working on another project where a one hour refresh to the pivot is not acceptable and the data needs to be live. I have already submitted tickets and have NO solutions for refreshing my data in my sheet.

Can anyone help me with getting this data to refresh overnight with the today formula?

Thanks!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!