Attendance tracking an reporting on trends

Hi, I am looking for a way to track attendance to multiple events for about 500 people. The same 500 people would attend some or all of the events. Right now, I have a sheet setup with the rows showing the 500 participants and the columns indicate the event. I use symbols to track their attendance (attended, RSVPed but no show, did not RSVP, cancelled last minute).

I would like to see certain trends, such as who attended from certain organizations, what organizations tend to register for the event but then drop out, and which organizations have the best attendance record.

Would appreciate any guidance on this.

Thank you

Answers

• Alejandra
    Alejandra Employee

Hi @NSAN,

You could get theses metrics by using the COUNTIF or COUNTIFS functions. These functions count the number of cells within a range that meet all of the specified criteria.

Here's a formula example:

=COUNTIFS(Organization:Organization, "Smartsheet", Attendance:Attendance, "Attended")

=COUNTIFS(Organization:Organization, "Smartsheet", Attendance:Attendance, "Cancelled")

If needed, more information on the COUNTIFS function can be found in our help article: https://help.smartsheet.com/function/countifs

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!