I am trying to get the parent row date to auto update to next cleaning interval date

Hi All,

We are trying to capture our equipment cleaning logs using Smartsheet. I have created a sheet with hierarchy levels for each piece of equipment and all the cleaning dates needed for the year. What I would like to do is have the date in the parent row be the next date due, based on whether or not the Last cleaned date is filled. Is this possible?

I got this to work with an IF statement for the equipment with 6 month interval as there are only two dates, but was unsure how to make this work with more 'conditions'. I have inserted an example below for one piece of equipment with 3 month cleaning intervals for which a standard IF statement won't work. The highlighted cell is the parent cell. So in this instance I would want it to recognize that the Due date of 3/13 was met (cleaned on cell has a value), so I would like the parent line to state 6/13 as that is the next date due. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Cass

Best Answers

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!