Max(Collect formula

I am trying to put a formula together

My result is to identify the most current date based upon each unique Invoice number

What am I doing wrong I am getting an incorrect argument

Thank you

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi Debbie,

The formula looks like it's built correctly (I've just tested on my own sheet with the same syntax and it worked as expected), so there may be other things going on.

First, make sure that your "Current status date" column is a Date Type of column to be able to return the correct result.

If the column type is correct, then check to make sure there are no errors present in either of the ranges referenced (are all the Invoice Number cells text values? Are all the Status Changed Date date values?)

Try also saving the sheet, logging out and logging in again.

Let me know if any of this has helped!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi Debbie,

The formula looks like it's built correctly (I've just tested on my own sheet with the same syntax and it worked as expected), so there may be other things going on.

First, make sure that your "Current status date" column is a Date Type of column to be able to return the correct result.

If the column type is correct, then check to make sure there are no errors present in either of the ranges referenced (are all the Invoice Number cells text values? Are all the Status Changed Date date values?)

Try also saving the sheet, logging out and logging in again.

Let me know if any of this has helped!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!