How do you create a report that counts the number of each status on a sheet?

Options

How do you create a report that counts the number of each status on a sheet? I want to create something similar to this template but with my actual statuses not these preset ones. How can I either change this report or create a new one? When I tried to create a new one my report builder looks completely different.

Best Answer

• Mark Safran
    Mark Safran ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey Paige,

You may be better off using a COUNTIFS() formula on a new sheet (rather than report), where your range is defined as Status:Status on your Somryst GTM sheet. Would look something like this:

Not Started:

=COUNTIFS({Somryst GTM Range 1}, "Not Started")

In Progress:

=COUNTIFS({Somryst GTM Range 1}, "In Progress")

To get the "{Somryst GTM Range 1}, you click on "Reference Another Sheet" when typing in the COUNTIFS() formula, and then click on the "Status" column to define the Range. It will auto name to "Sheet_Name Range 1", but on the upper-right of that popup window you can rename it however you'd like.

-MS

Answers

• Mark Safran
    Mark Safran ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey Paige,

You may be better off using a COUNTIFS() formula on a new sheet (rather than report), where your range is defined as Status:Status on your Somryst GTM sheet. Would look something like this:

Not Started:

=COUNTIFS({Somryst GTM Range 1}, "Not Started")

In Progress:

=COUNTIFS({Somryst GTM Range 1}, "In Progress")

To get the "{Somryst GTM Range 1}, you click on "Reference Another Sheet" when typing in the COUNTIFS() formula, and then click on the "Status" column to define the Range. It will auto name to "Sheet_Name Range 1", but on the upper-right of that popup window you can rename it however you'd like.

-MS

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!