Countifs Question

I need to calculate the number of times a person does a demo of a product within a month. Not adding the month I have been trying to use this formula;

Ideally, I would like to the formula to work and include the count equal to a month.....

Answers

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You're missing hard brackets around your demo type 1 column reference.

=countifs([demo team member]:[demo team member],"John Doe",[demo type 1]:[demo type 1],or(@cell = "X",@cell = "Y", @cell = "Z"),[requested date of demo]:[requested date of demo],month(@cell) = 4)

Change the 4 (april) to the integer representing each month to return the specific month.

If you want to check for each demo type, you can use a helper column with a join([demo type 1]@row:[demo type 3]@row, then use that as a reference for your countifs instead of the specific demo type.

• Thank you! I am getting a #UNPARSABLE error even if I copy and paste your formula?

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I copy pasted it myself and it worked perfectly. I'm not 100% sure why it didn't work for you

=COUNTIFS([Demo Team Member]:[Demo Team Member], "John Doe", [Demo Type 1]:[Demo Type 1], OR(@cell = "X", @cell = "Y", @cell = "Z"), [Requested Date of Demo]:[Requested Date of Demo], MONTH(@cell) = 4)

• Thanks! I figured it out, I made a column header change since I posted the question. It works great now.

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, That makes sense. Glad you got it sorted!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!