COUNTIFS function

Hi All,

I have problem with Countifs in Smartsheet during it's still workable in Excell as well.

As below picture, I'd like to count product type is "Goalies Mask" with result "FAIL". I applied formula : =COUNTIFS([Product type]:[Product type],"Goalie Mask",[Result]1:[Result],"FAIL"))

but it shows #UNPARSEABLE.

Would you please to help me correct again formula if i'm wrong! Thank you!

Best Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/14/20 Answer ✓

Hi Tony,

You have the number 1 in the Result range and one to many closing parentheses in the end. Remove those, and it will work. Also, you can remove the [ ] around the Result because it’s one word and has no numbers or special characters.

Edit: Looking at the screenshot, it seems like you only need to remove the last parenthesis.

Try this.

=COUNTIFS([Product type]:[Product type], "Goalie Mask", Result:Result, "FAIL")

Did that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/14/20 Answer ✓

Hi Tony,

You have the number 1 in the Result range and one to many closing parentheses in the end. Remove those, and it will work. Also, you can remove the [ ] around the Result because it’s one word and has no numbers or special characters.

Edit: Looking at the screenshot, it seems like you only need to remove the last parenthesis.

Try this.

=COUNTIFS([Product type]:[Product type], "Goalie Mask", Result:Result, "FAIL")

Did that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andrée Starå,

Appreciated your help! It works perfect after your advice!

Thank you so much!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent!

You're more than welcome!

• Hi Andrée Starå,

One more things I need from your help!

Kindly see below picture:

• I want to Sum data of product Goalie Mask with Major issue in Week 19. Current I setup manual formula to sort week 19 as : =SUMIFS([MAJOR defects Qty]:[MAJOR defects Qty]; Week:Week; "19"; [Product type]:[Product type]; "Goalie Mask"). It work as well. But I would to auto update last 7 days to replace manual sorting as formula: =SUMIFS([MAJOR defects Qty]:[MAJOR defects Qty]; WEEKNUMBER(TODAY()-7; [Product type]:[Product type]; "Goalie Mask"), It was not work. Would you please to help me correct again
    • It also the same with COUNTIFS when I want to replace manual Count data of product Goalies mask with last 7 days as formula: =COUNTIFS([Product type]:[Product type]; "Goalie Mask"; WEEKNUMBER(TODAY()-7)

Thank you for your help!

• Dear Andrée Starå,

Thank you so much for your supporting! Everything is perfect as I expected

Best regards,

Tony

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Tony Nguyen

Excellent!

I'm always happy to help!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!