Verifying Created by Column with Manager Email Column

I'm trying to show verification for a contact email address to match the "Created by" field generated by Smartsheet to ensure an entry/request is valid/accurate. Can someone help me out with this? Essentially flagging people with inconsistent data.

Thanks so much.

Best Answer

• Ramzi K
    Ramzi K ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Don Williams,

If I understand you correctly, you want to make sure that someone enters their email address correctly by having it match the email address in the Created By (system field). If this is the case, try this:

. Create a column to capture the manually entered email address

. Add the Created By system column

. Add a "flag" column to show when there's an error. In this example I added a symbol (flag) column called Error and put the following formula in it: =IF([Contact Email]@row = [Created By]@row, false, true)

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ramzi

Ramzi Khuri - Principal Consultant @ Cedar Tree Consulting (www.cedartreeconsulting.com)

Feel free to email me: ramzi@cedartreeconsulting.com

💡 If this post helped you out, please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful.

Answers

• Ramzi K
    Ramzi K ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Don Williams,

If I understand you correctly, you want to make sure that someone enters their email address correctly by having it match the email address in the Created By (system field). If this is the case, try this:

. Create a column to capture the manually entered email address

. Add the Created By system column

. Add a "flag" column to show when there's an error. In this example I added a symbol (flag) column called Error and put the following formula in it: =IF([Contact Email]@row = [Created By]@row, false, true)

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ramzi

Ramzi Khuri - Principal Consultant @ Cedar Tree Consulting (www.cedartreeconsulting.com)

Feel free to email me: ramzi@cedartreeconsulting.com

💡 If this post helped you out, please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful.

• Thanks, you got it! Thanks for answering me so quickly.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!